Certus advises on a $1Bn logistics platform
Certus acted as an advisor to one of the investors (AUM of ~USD160Bn globally) in this three-way joint venture to build a PAN–India portfolio of Grade A logistics and light industrial assets.
This joint venture is between one of the largest listed real estate developers in India and two marquee global investors. These investors include a US$160Bn AUM multi-asset alternative investment manager and a sovereign wealth fund with US$53Bn in real estate assets/investments. The platform aims to develop ~30MM sf logistics assets pan-India.
- Certus offered underwriting assistance and investment view on potential acquisitions in three cities including formulating a view on project assumptions, feasibility, and valuation.
- Our team assisted the investor with evaluation of four key markets including a detailed demand-supply analysis, comps data and formulation of platform strategy for those markets.
- Team also advised the investor on practical assessment of material findings across diligence streams.
- Seed assets include ~110 acre/3+ MM sf logistics park at Pallava (Mumbai Metropolitan Region) and an in-city fulfilment centre.
- Second advisory assignment for Certus with the same investor.
- Expeditious turn-around: start to end in ~1.5 months.
Indian logistics ecosystem offers abundant opportunities driven by urbanization, domestic consumption, and evolving e-commerce sector. This platform will further support the growth of the sector by bring in requisite capital and expertise.
Ashish Khandelia founded Certus Capital, after leading grounds up build-out of KKR’s India RE platform to a US$1.0Bn business
Ashish founded Certus Capital in Jul 2018 with a vision to build a best-in-class investment manager,...
Certus originated and structured one of India’s first securitization of wholesale RE loans
Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Limited (“DHFL”, a US$20Bn housing finance company) was under liquidity...
Certus Capital ranked amongst top 5 advisors for CY-2019 in BFSI space
Since the start of credit crisis in Sep 2018, we have focused on opportunities caused by capital dislocation,...